Sunday, February 16, 2014

Easy Baby Back Ribs


I am not a pork chef. Pork, to me, is one of the most difficult meats to cook. It can dry out very easily (there's a reason people always serve applesauce with pork chops)-- and when it's dry it's incredibly tough. I think pork is harder to cook than steak, fish...all of it. It's just temperamental. For that reason, I've never made ribs before... they're usually super expensive, and pretty fatty. However, Earth Fare had them on sale this week ($5/ pound)... so I decided... why not? Try new things... anyway, they turned out great and they were super easy! Granted, they weren't falling off the bone and oozing with sauce... but I did a dry rub because I hate having saucy fingers... I'm saucy enough!!

I served with a salad because we weren't that hungry, but this would be delicious with some mashed sweet potatoes. 

Easy Baby Back Ribs

Dry rub:
  • 1 TSP Paprika
  • 2 TSP Coconut sugar
  • 1/2 tsp lemon (or orange) peel, dried (could use fresh zest as well)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Mix it all together, rub it on your rack of ribs... then plastic wrap the ribs to sit in the fridge for 2-24 hours. When you're ready to cook- preheat the oven to 300F. Put your ribs on a rack and bake in the oven for 2 hours, or until the meat is at your preferred temperature.

Eat all by themselves, or dip in your fav paleo BBQ sauce (perhaps this?)



This evening I also made another batch of Pizza Spaghetti Pie, Zuppa Tuscano, and Deep Dish Breakfast Pizza... I think that should get us through Wednesday... not bad for 2 hours of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment