Friday, February 21, 2014

Avo-Shrimp Salad- because it reminds me of summer!!

Delicious Shrimp Salad (AKA: I wish it was summer!!!)


I found this recipe on Facebook... and it looks super summery. And don't you know... in the dead of Winter (which, in Ohio, for me, occur in February)-- I need some summery thoughts. February is rough. It's cold. It's windy, snowy, slushy, and... just cold. Thankfully it's the shortest month and we're almost through it! Hurry summer!!


Shrimp and Avocado Salad:

Ingredients AND directions:

Combine in a bowl:
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
2 TBSP Olive Oil
2 limes, juiced (or just use lime juice from a bottle)
pinch of salt/ pepper

Let that sit for 5 minutes... takes some of the bite out of the onion

Combine in a bigger bowl:

1# large or jumbo shrimp, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 avocado, cut into chunks
2 stem tomatoes, cut into chunks
1/4 cup green salsa

Combine contents of both bowls... and add salt and pepper to taste, if needed


I like to eat this on top of a giant bed of spinach for lunch. You don't even need to add dressing because the dressing on the shrimp is so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment