Friday, May 30, 2014

Refreshing summer green smoothie (paleo-zone)

I love smoothies, however, I rarely get them because they're loaded with fruit and other sugars that make them too carby. However, I was at my yoga studio the other day and they make this awesome smoothie that is refreshing and not too sweet! Below is my paleo-zone rendition...

Paleo-Zone Green Smoothie


Ingredients

  • 1/2 a medium cucumber sliced (made about 1.5-2 cups sliced cucumber)
  • 6 chunks of pineapple (I used fresh)... 
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup mint water (I used MetroMint)--you could also throw in a bunch of mint leaves if you have fresh... or maybe a few drops of mint extract?
  • 1/3 of a frozen banana
  • a scoop or two or ice...depending on how you like your smoothies
Directions
1. Blend thoroughly
2. Enjoy immediately!

This is roughly 1 block of carbs and 1 block of fat


No comments:

Post a Comment