Thursday, January 16, 2014

Chicken Bacon and Kale... and Smolov (Jr!)

Shalom.

Tonight we are feasting on Chicken, Bacon, and Kale (since we went out last night). Consequently-- we didn't do too badly eating out. We ordered smothered chicken-- which was 2 chicken breasts with cheese and veggies served on lettuce. It was tasty (but it could have used bacon, like most things).

Tonight's variation of CBS is.... Kale instead of spinach, and a jar of roasted red peppers instead of sun-dried tomatoes. I noticed we had about 4 jars of roasted red peppers in the pantry and decided it was time to start making a dent in the collection.

Honestly, I like the original recipe posted here better... but... gotta try new things.


Next week I'm going to try to get away from all the bacon-cooking. I feel like bacon-cooking is just too easy sometimes. Of course it's going to taste delicious- it contains bacon!! Now, cooking without bacon, or bacon fat, that can be a challenge to develop good-tasting paleo food. But I do love a challenge...muuahahaha....

We'll let you know what the game plan is for the week's worth of cooking is this weekend.... Fri or Sat.. Having only 1 fully-functioning hand doesn't stop a cave lady!! And certainly not a classy cave lady.

It should also be noted that the Coconut soup I posted earlier officially freezes, thaws, and reheats properly. Hurrah!

In other news--- I've been seeing a lot of this lately. Squats squats squats.

Given my temporary HANDicap (lol... I know), back squats are part of the daily fitness regime. I started the Smolov Jr squatting program in an effort to reintroduce myself into the world of squats. I've been doing an Olympic Lifting cycle for the past few weeks, but with a bum hand/ wrist... snatches and clean + jerks are not happening. I tell you what... nothing makes you strong like squats. That's a fact! We are big squatters (????) at our house. I kid you not... there is a weight room in our "family room" off the kitchen. This was a critical element we were looking at when purchasing a house-- a (heated) room for working out. Maybe that means Chris and I are obsessed (he has earned the name Chris Squatford, afterall), or maybe it means that I get my squats in while I'm making dinner... 

But I digress...

Smolov Jr is 3 week squatting program (also used for bench presses) based on the original Smolov (Russian weightlifter) program. Here's a link (this page also links to a calculator if you're looking to give it a try). http://joshmahony.com/weights/smolov_jr.php

Happy eating, happy squatting. Rinse. Repeat.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment