Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pizza Spaghetti Pie

I made this Pizza Spaghetti Pie from PaleOMG earlier this week, but we just ate it last night. It is so good! My friend (also named Lauren!) also made this and gave it her stamp of approval. It also reheats nicely (even in a microwave)- so this recipe is getting an A (I should give it an A- because the squash tried to kill me, but I won't hold prejudice!). 

Here it is:
It's pretty easy.... basically cook the squash, then dump everything you want in a baking dish and bake for an hour at 350.

Ingredients

  • 1 spaghetti squash, baked or microwaved-- then scoop all the "noodles" out
    • to bake: CAREFULLY slice it vertically then put two sides noodle side down and bake at 400 for 30ish minutes- or until the noodles can be scooped out (skin will be pliable to the touch)
    • to microwave: stick squash in microwave for 10 minutes, then let it cool down a bit before hacking it open with a knife (don't try to cut through the stem)... be careful!!
  • 1 pound ground meat (I used sausage, but you could use turkey, beef, whatever)
  • 1 cup pizza sauce 
  • 1 tbsp oregano, dried
  • 1 tbsp basil, dried
  • salt/ pepper to taste
  • 1/2 yellow onion- chopped finely
  • 3 eggs (to bind it all together)
  • pizza toppings of your choice 
    • I added about 1 cup of mushrooms, leftover pepperoni, and Parmesan cheese (primal pie)
Combine the above in a greased baking dish. Bake for 1 hr at 350-- let it sit for a few minutes before serving. 

Insert food in face, preferably the mouth. Up to you though.

Do you ever find yourself talking in a meeting/ class/ social setting and, as you're talking, you are thinking "wtf am I saying... I'm totally bs-ing right now... I wonder if anyone notices.... what if I said meow in the middle of a sentence...say it... say it, meow.... SAY IT!!!!!"? That happened to me today in my behavioral theories class. Clearly I need to get more interested in behavioral theories- otherwise it may be a long semester.... Meow. There. I said it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment