Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Monday dinner

Last night was the first night of making meals on the fly. I have class until 8:15, so I get home around 9. Luckily Chris got home before me and started making our dinner... even more lucky- I had baked 2 sweet potatoes before the whole ER-visit thing on Sunday.

We made Turkey and Spinach Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. According to Chris they were not too hard to make, and they were pretty tasty! They're a nice blend of slightly spicy meat and slightly sweet potato-- for as simple as this was to make, it was surprisingly good-tasting! Bonus.

Recipe:
http://paleomg.com/clean-it-up-mondays-turkey-and-spinach-stuffed-sweet-potatoes/


The other dish I made on Sunday was Pumpkin Pie Chia Seed Pudding. Earth Fare had Chia Seeds on sale, and I saw this recipe as an opportunity to use up 1 of the 3 cans of pumpkin that I have leftover from the holidays.

Recipe:
http://www.slenderkitchen.com/pumpkin-pie-chia-seed-pudding/

When I made this I quadrupled the recipe (to use the entire can of pumpkin) and omitted the maple syrup (I used a packet of stevia instead).

Chia seeds are a great food because they contain a lot of Omega-3 fatty acids that help cells grow. I'm all about supporting growth right now! Bring it, chia seeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment