Monday, January 6, 2014

Week 1 Day 2

So today is the first day I'm using the food I made...

First, the baked eggs in a pepper. I'm not loving these so far... I think they can be improved-- but I also think I'm just consuming more vegetables than usual at breakfast... so maybe I just need to get used to it.

Recipe:
http://everydaypaleo.com/baked-eggs-bell-pepper/

I didn't have pancetta, so I used chicken sausage instead.

For lunch I packed up the leftovers from last night (meatballs and a salad with roasted sweet taters sprinkled on top... I also added some goat cheese, so shoot me).

Dinner was excellent. It's been insanely cold (it's below 0). It's enchilada chicken stew from PaleOMG.

Recipe:
http://paleomg.com/enchilada-chicken-stew/

This was so easy-- I almost forgot to make it before I left for work... and it took less than 5 minutes to assemble. I just got out my handy dandy crockpot, threw in the chicken and then all the prepped ingredients from the day before. Boom- done! I put it on the 8 hour setting, and then that evening... we had a hot meal waiting for us. I served with mashed sweet potatoes.

Tomorrow is a snow day for me (it's going to be -30... omg). Luckily I'll have some time to make my soup for later this week! Tonight we're going to be eating some leftovers (sorry!), and then Wednesday is the beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment