Friday, January 17, 2014

It's the weekend!

Well it's Friday afternoon, so I'll get to the point!

A brilliant co-worker of mine shared this recipe with me:
http://dessertswithbenefits.com/peanut-butter-protein-balls/

Peanut Butter Protein Balls (you can use almond butter- Paleo police!!)

Ingredients
32g (1 scoop) Vanilla Protein Powder (vegans, use soy protein)
42g (2 tbs) Honey or Agave
32g (2 tbs) Natural Peanut Butter (no sugar/salt/oil added)

Instructions
Put the protein powder in a bowl, then the honey and stir
Pour in the peanut butter (creamy PB is easier than chunky)
Stir until everything is incorporated (it takes a while, but if you need more honey or something, add it now)
Add any toppings you want
Roll into balls with your hands, and refrigerate to harden (if you are not eating it immediately)


I made an almond butter version- and it was pretty good. However, I also made a cookie butter (thank you Trader Joe's for this... it's peanut butter with crushed up ginger cookies inside) version with chocolate protein powder rolled in sliced almonds... and it was SUPER tasty. Definitely not paleo... I honestly think peanut butter tastes better than almond butter in this recipe- but it's up you and your dietary preferences.



The possibilities are kinda endless though. Protein powder + almond butter + honey + dried fruit (a PB&J sandwich!), mix it with instant coffee for a mocha, mix it with chocolate hazelnut butter... the choice is yours. Honestly, they're kinda nice for an afternoon pick-me-up... and they don't need to be refrigerated- bonus!


2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog! I'm getting all kinds of neat ideas for new things to try. It's nice to get out of the cooking rut I've been in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I know- this is forcing me to try new recipes too. It's definitely an adventure! :-)

      Delete