Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday- we made it!

Week 1, Day 6

Happy Friday, friends!

Today is again, a day of leftovers. I threw the Rope Veija into an omlette with some diced bell pepper, put it in a dish and sprinkled some roasted sweet taters on top. Ta-da! Breakfast is served.

Lunch is a repeat of yesterday. Dinner is at a friend's house. We didn't get to the fish tacos this week-- I'll save them for next week or this weekend... that Ropa Veija made so many leftovers we didn't need to make an extra meal (bonus!).

I was talking to a friend of mine last night (Jen) and we have both cleaned up our diets since the new year. We agreed that you really do feel so much better when your diet is better. You feel more energetic, you sleep better, I feel like my workouts are better... overall we are just living better. I think the "garbage in- garbage out" adage really applies to diet. When you eat like crap, you feel like crap... and when you eat well, you feel well.

Week 1 "FINAL GRADES" will be released this morning... grading the deliciousness of each dish prepared. There will be no extra credit, no curve, and all grades are final.

I leave you with one of my favorite videos illustrating the awesomeness of Friday afternoon (compared to Monday morning). Have a great weekend!


1 comment: